At WSU, the following procedures are used to ensure every veteran receives the maximum amount of college credit for military training possible.
- WSU evaluates every military transcript received from active duty military and veterans pursuing a WSU education.
- WSU uses the American Council on Education (ACE) “A Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services” as a guide. ACE translates military courses and occupations into academic credit recommendations, and provides guidelines to interpret and recommend credit for college courses.
- ACE recommendations for the amount and level of credit (upper or lower division) are followed if the military course is applicable to university or departmental regulations.
- ACE credits on transcripts that do not match any courses in any degree of pursuit may be accepted as elective credits if applicable to the student’s degree program
- DANTES Credit: Credit for DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSSTs) will be granted for college-level academic subjects (non-vocational/technical courses) using the minimum score and credit amount recommendations of the American Council on Education. Please see Academic Regulation 16 for more details.
- Military credit awarded from a Joint Services Transcript (JST), Air University, and DANTES test credit is limited to a maximum of thirty  semester credits per Academic Regulation 16.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can military credit transcripts be accessed?
The Joint Services Transcript for Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Navy active duty, reserve, and veterans can be requested at jst.doded.mil/smart.
Air University transcripts can be requested at www.au.af.mil/au/barnes/ccaf.
Please Note: Military transcripts may also list College Level Test Scores such as DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSST) or Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT), and credit can be awarded based on the American Council of Education (ACE) recommendation. College Level Examination Program (CLEP) scores may also be evaluated off these transcripts.