At WSU, the following procedures are used to ensure every veteran receives the maximum amount of college credit for military training possible.
- WSU evaluates every military transcript received from active duty military and veterans pursuing a WSU education.
- WSU uses the American Council on Education (ACE) “A Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services” as a guide. ACE translates military courses and occupations into academic credit recommendations, and provides guidelines to interpret and recommend credit for college courses.
- ACE recommendations for the amount and level of credit (upper or lower division) are followed if the military course is applicable to university or departmental regulations.
- ACE credits on transcripts that do not match any courses in any degree of pursuit may be accepted as elective credits if applicable to the student’s degree program
- DANTES Credit: Credit for DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSSTs) will be granted for college-level academic subjects (non-vocational/technical courses) using the minimum score and credit amount recommendations of the American Council on Education.Please see Academic Regulation 16 for more details.
- Lower-divistion transfer credit is limited to 73 credits from all sources (transfer, credit by exam, military, other). Total transferable credit is limited to 90 credits.
Transfer Equivalencies for Military Credits
Consult the list below to find military courses that currently have a transfer equivalency to WSU courses. Other courses may be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
|ACE ID||Military Course Title||Washington 45 Course||WSU Equivalent||Number of Credits (Semester)||UCORE Fulfillment|
|AR-1205-0022||Army Band Senior Leaders (11/13-Present)||MUSC& 105||MUS 160: Survey of Music Literature [ARTS]||3||ARTS|
|NV-1205-0009||Music Basic (2/11-Present)||MUSC& 105||MUS 160: Survey of Music Literature [ARTS]||3||ARTS|
|AR-1511-0040||Civil Affairs Specialist Advanced Noncommissioned Officer Course (ANCOC) (5/07-Present)||HIST& 117, HIST& 147||HISTORY 1XX||3||HUM|
|AF-0703-0024||Mental Health Service Journeyman (4/05-Present)||PSYC& 100||PSYCH 105: Introductory Psych [SSCI]||3||SSCI|
|NV-0801-0011||Navy Drug and Alcohol Counselor (1/09-Present)||PSYC& 100||PSYCH 105: Introductory Psych [SSCI]||3||SSCI|
|AR-1408-0148||U.S. Army Sergeants Major (10/12-Present)||POLS& 101||POL_S 1XX||3||SSCI|
|AR-1511-0024||Intelligence in Combating Terrorism (12/03-Present)||POLS& 101||POL_S 1XX||3||SSCI|
|AR-1511-0040||Civil Affairs Specialist Advanced Noncommissioned Officer Course (ANCOC) (5/07-Present)||POLS& 101||POL_S 1XX||3||SSCI|
|AR-1606-0273||Intelligence Officer Basic (5/07-Present)||POLS& 101||POL_S 1XX||3||SSCI|
|NV-1732-0026||Naval Power School, Enlisted (11/06-Present)||CHEM& 105||CHEM 1XX (NO LAB)||3||PSCI|
|AR-0702-0022||Medical Laboratory Specialist (5/14-Present)||CHEM& 110 w/ LAB, CHEM& 121 w/ LAB, CHEM& 161, CHEM& 162||CHEM 1XXL (WITH LAB)||4||PSCI|
|AR-0702-0025||Medical Laboratory Specialist (12/05-2/16)||CHEM& 110 w/ LAB, CHEM& 121 w/ LAB, CHEM& 161, CHEM& 162||CHEM 1XXL (WITH LAB)||4||PSCI|
|AR-0702-0026||Medical Laboratory Specialist (12/05-2/16)||CHEM& 110 w/ LAB, CHEM& 121 w/ LAB, CHEM& 161, CHEM& 162||CHEM 1XXL (WITH LAB)||4||PSCI|
|AR-0703-0027||Clinical Laboratory Officer (10/06-Present)||CHEM& 110 w/ LAB, CHEM& 121 w/ LAB, CHEM& 161, CHEM& 162||CHEM 1XXL (WITH LAB)||4||PSCI|
|NV-0702-0015||Medical Laboratory Technician (5/14-Present)||CHEM& 110 w/ LAB, CHEM& 121 w/ LAB, CHEM& 161, CHEM& 162||CHEM 1XXL (WITH LAB)||4||PSCI|
|AR-0702-0021||Cardiovascular Specialty (7/11-Present)||PHYS& 121||PHYSICS 1XXL||4||PSCI|
|NV-0709-0027||Cardiovascular Technician (7/11-Present)||PHYS& 121||PHYSICS 1XXL||4||PSCI|
|NV-1732-0026||Naval Power School, Enlisted (11/06-Present)||PHYS& 121||PHYSICS 1XXL||4||PSCI|
|NV-2201-0125||Explosive Ordnance Disposal Basic Navy (Underwater) (10/13-Present)||PHYS& 121||PHYSICS 1XXL||4||PSCI|
|NV-1710-0134||Blasting & Quarry Operations (5/07-Present)||GEOL& 101 w/ LAB||GEOLOGY 101: Introduction to Geology||4||PSCI|
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can military credit transcripts be accessed?
The Joint Services Transcript for Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Navy active duty, reserve, and veterans can be requested at jst.doded.mil/smart.
Community College of the Air Force transcripts can be requested at www.au.af.mil/au/barnes/ccaf.
Please Note: Military transcripts may also list College Level Test Scores such as DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSST) or Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT), and credit can be awarded based on the American Council of Education (ACE) recommendation. College Level Examination Program (CLEP) scores may also be evaluated off these transcripts.